Luna is a beautiful 80 lb AKC Black Lab. She’s always sniffing out her next adventure, and loves to swim. Luna does well shed hunting, and doesn’t mind loud and sudden noises (shotguns, thunder, etc.) like others may. She has a very easy going temperament. Luna thrives when surrounded by people, whether they’re actively playing with her or not. She loves to cuddle, she loves to play. She is a very kind and loving mom.
Both of Luna’s amazing parents were avid game and shed hunters. Their area had occasional bear sightings, and both parents would alert everyone when a bear was in the area. Her mom (Sage) is now a K-9 on a police squad. Her owner said, “The last I heard she is at the Idaho/Canadian border. She was an amazing hunter as well, waterfowl, upland game, and sheds. She was a second mom to my kids; so sweet with them, but also protected them. Luna’s dad, Duke was just amazing!! Laid back, easy going, he actually could let us know we were sick before we knew. It was crazy. He also hunted it all. We’ve personally never had a better dog than him. His blood line has a dog named Flushing Bronco, he was a white dog that was really, really popular. You can Google his name.”
I am confident Luna’s pups will follow the greatness of her parents and those of her sire, Blue.
Reserve a puppy now!
- Pricing Details
- Email: Kyle@rockymountaindogs.com
- Text/Call: 801-425-0486
- Facebook Message: https://www.facebook.com/UtahRockyMountainLabradors
Hip & Elbow Testing
Direct Link to: OFA Results
You will see in the link above, and the image below, that what linkable siblings and half-siblings are there, also are good with hip/elbow, which is a good indicator.
Both hip and elbow tests are good!
- Name: PETTIT’S LUNA
- Breed: LABRADOR RETRIEVER
- Reg Num: SR99704313 AKC
- OFA Number Age (mos) Final Conclusion
- LR-243045F27F-VPI HIPS 27 FAIR (which is within the normal range)*
- LR-EL92263F27-VPI ELBOW 27 NORMAL
If you look under https://www.ofa.org/diseases/breed-statistics ,
- 86.9% of OFA Hip test are “Normal”, which Luna is.
- 89.7% of OFA Elbow test for Labs are “Normal”.
*”The OFA classifies hips into seven different categories: Excellent, Good, Fair (all within Normal limits), Borderline, and then Mild, Moderate, or Severe (the last three considered Dysplastic).” -source: https://www.ofa.org/diseases/hip-dysplasia
Testing was done by Embark.
- Clear means there are zero issues for that disease
- 1 Variant means she is a carrier only, and will not exhibit these conditions. Nor will her puppies if the stud is not a carrier (Blue is not).